Saturday, April 9, 2011

looks

i wonder how native american i look. i've been looking at the pictures i posted on anthroscape and been reading the responses. every one that posted has commented on my asian looks and how that could be attributed to native american ancestory. i go to school in pembroke, nc. this is the home of the lumbee tribe. most of the people here have mixed ancestory and claim to be native american. i wonder i come off as white or as a little native american. in my opinon i dont look anything like the pictures i've seen of pure native americans taken from one hundred years ago. but none of the lumbee looks native american to either aside from dark skin. i must admit that there is something about my face thats a little odd but i cant really place it. its my face im used to i dont know how i am perceived from anothers perspective. i am struck by my impressive eyebrows their very board and curved. i bet gives me a very intelligent appearance. i wonder if i look part asian to most people. that maybe why people keep commenting on the way i talk. it may seem odd for me to have a southern accent. but i dont know i've always thought i just look caucasian. but its seems hard for me to group my looks with traditional caucasian faces. i don't look particularily none caucasian but even for me my looks are hard to read. when i look at my self im struck by my small almost slit like eyes mounted by my expansive eyebrows and my huge forehead. i dont have a long face and thin nose or a long chin. realizing this i'm really starting to think i dont look caucasian, atleast my traditional concept of caucasian looks, except for my complexion. my small eyes and the way my eyebrows curve up make me look like a tiger. i could be a fat faced tom hanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment